WHAT THE WHAT: SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY
Why Do I Need a Social Media Strategy?
A plan is the best way to ensure efficiency, measure goals and move forward without spinning wheels. We want to help you break down the ever-changing world of social media and lay down the law of your land. The fundamentals of social media marketing are the same as every other marketing channel: get customers, make sales. In social, we get to create relationships with consumers in a way we've never been able to do with traditional marketing. We get to invite them to our party, so to speak. We get to pick their brains. We get to learn from them and make changes to our products & services with those learnings.
Figuring out the who, what, when, where, why and how of social media marketing is a big task, but worth the time and effort so that your day to day posting has a purpose and your tasks are streamlined.
We may need to shift and pivot ("pivot!" ~Ross...Friends...you get it) often in tactics and approach, but the goals stay the same.
What Is This "Happy Circle" You Speak Of?
Get the consumer, keep the consumer. Regularly connecting with consumers wherever they are online creates a strong relationship with the brand.
Listen to your consumer, engage with your consumer. Making those connections requires brand marketers to understand their consumers and provide content that resonates with them. If they continue to find value in the content that’s provided, they will bounce between the brand’s Facebook page, Twitter account, Pinterest boards, Instagram photos, website, microsite, mobile app, email newsletters, club communication, and YouTube videos, staying in the brand’s happy circle, the brand’s corner of the internet.
How Does This Work?
We set up our approach in a series of steps:
- Discovery Process (The Big Picture/Deep Dive Meeting)
- Strategy Work
- Strategy Review Meeting
- Implementation Tactics
- Training (if needed)
- Support/Follow Up (if needed)
What Is the Discovery Process?
- We meet as a team in person if possible, or on a conference call.
- Your team walks our team through style guidelines, marketing programs for the year, social media plans & content, brand positioning (taglines, essence, target demographic.)
- We would also want to look through existing imagery in your library and pull out likes/dislikes, refresh of certain images because of label changes or facility renovations, etc.
- As we familiarize ourselves with your brand, we are better equipped to shoot the correct types of imagery onsite or in a mini shoot and write correct, on-brand copy each time.
- Mood boards are a must! Mood boards help us visualize your brand in colors, materials, angles, lighting, overall style & feel. We love them.
- It will take us about 3 months to get the voice & feel down pat. During these 3 months, we partner with you. Closely. See more below.
We're newbies to your brand. You live it every day, we need time to learn it. During these three months, we ask that you truly partner with us. Give us direction. Change words in our copy and tell us why. Tell us why you like or don't like an image. The more feedback you give, the faster we'll nail the voice and after this initial period is over, we're able to run with it. The content we provide will slip easily into your workflow and give you more time to focus on marketing your brand and talking with customers.