A few weeks ago, we had the pleasure of shooting numerous menu items from Sonoma Market, perfect for picnics this summer! We lucked out with an ideal spot in the Sonoma Square, taking over one entire corner with props, food, and photography equipment. A HUGE thank you to Tory and Jenn for assisting, holding larger than life diffusers against wind and dappled light, to Lisa and Lisa for food styling, prop styling and organizing and to Al, Angel and their teams at the Market. We hope these images make your mouth water...Sonoma Market has it all! Angel and his team create beautiful, delicious food that you really need to go grab. Today.
One of my clients is building their asset library and I have been so lucky to work with them on both the visual content side doing photography and digital content as well as digital marketing strategy.
Building a bank of branded stock imagery is critical to success in marketing efforts. The game has changed - social media users are drawn to high quality imagery, making more frequent and stronger connections with brands & people. Investing in your imagery will elevate your online presence and keep your brand positioning and personality consistent and top notch, just like the product or service you offer.
Here are some of my favorite photos from the most recent shoot:
I was so honored to be asked to shoot the Fig Food for The Girl & the Fig. We had an incredible day of shooting at their Suite D location; a day filled with fun props, great light and delicious food. If these images make your mouth water, my work here is done.
- Camera: Canon 5D Mark III
- Lens: Canon 50mm macro & 85mm
- Lighting for most shots: natural light from large open garage-sized door, large reflector on opposite side (strobe on right for fill where needed; mirror for close-up fill where needed)
- Props: vintage silver knife/fork & spoon, long wood bread tray, vintage soup spoon, small glass container
- Surfaces: wood serving tray, silver platter, cutting boards, burlap, produce box, rusty sheet metal
- Food props: morning buns (made by The Girl & the Fig CATERS! crew), fresh radishes and carrots from The Girl & the Fig garden, homemade The Girl & the Fig pickles, dandelion greens